Intimacy Choreography / Intimacy Director / Intimacy Coordinator
AEA, CAEA, SSDC, BAE, ACTRA
“Chemistry is rooted in vulnerability between two harmonious minds.
Giving actors the freedom
to explore that authentic,
intimate expression in a safe, consensual, and diverse space
is my role."
Bio & CV
What is an Intimacy Coordinator?
An Intimacy Coordinator is a practitioner who advocates for the actor when scenes of intimate content, including nudity, sexual simulation or power dynamics exist. An IC brings a skill and a process to the set much like a stunt coordinator brings to a fight or a choreographer brings to a dance. Through open communication and clear conversations an IC establishes boundaries and consent amongst all departments so that the actor feels safe and emboldened to deliver a compelling story. An IC is NOT the sex police quite the opposite. Once a set is deemed consensual, and boundaries are in place, the actor is liberated to connect to the physical and emotional story-telling...and have fun with it.
When You Need An Intimacy Coordinator
- During intimacy — a structured approach to creating scenes & moments which include nudity, sexual simulation, mitigating power dynamics in the room.
- Policy Support — developing, implementing and applying riders.
- If an actor feels they need additional support, a bystander, or help moving through psychologically challenging material.
- When minors are present for platonic and non-platonic intimacy
- If a production wants to ensure a safe, happy work space
What I Bring
- Over 30 years of professional experience in Choreography, Direction and Movement
- Patience during challenging situations
- Working aside the director as opposed to leading them.
- Open communication
- Practices for tagging in/out, establishing boundaries, and receiving consent in a timely manner
- Administration support — riders, coordinating departments.
For services contact:
daCosta Talent Agency
For UK services contact:
Agent: Sam Day
+44 (0) 207 427 5681